Sunday, May 15, 2016

The Modern Romantic … A Relaxing Way to Unwind


The Modern Romantic: New Relaxing Classical Piano Music by Laura Sullivan
◊ Audio CD
◊ Discs: 1
◊ Genre: Classical, Relaxation, New Age
◊ Label: Sentient Spirit Records (May 20, 2016)
◊ ASIN: BO1D5AAN26
◊ MP3
◊ ASIN: BO1DKVOKHE
◊ Total Length: 41:52

I’m a classic rock n’ roller at heart, but I find that most days when I listen to music I’m drawn more and more to classical/new age/relaxing style melodies. With that in mind I want to tell you about a new CD coming out later this week that is one of my favorites to relax to - The Modern Romantic: New Relaxing Classical Piano Music by Grammy® Winning Composer and Recording Artist Laura Sullivan.

You may recall that I talked about another of Laura’s CDs, CALM WITHIN: Music for Relaxation of Body and Mind, earlier this year. Well, she has another delightful CD releasing this week and I’ve had the pleasure of listening to it beforehand. 

The CD contains 10 enchanting songs making it difficult to select just one favorite. I’d have to say Fairytale Waltz and Finding You Finding Me are two prime examples of the mesmerizing melodies you’ll find on this CD.

All of the music is relaxing and invigorating at the same time. The smooth strains will transport you to a more tranquil atmosphere. Listening to the CD is a perfect way to unwind and de-stress after a long day of work.

Once you start listening to this soothing music you can feel the tensions of the day wash away. This will quickly be one of those CDs you play over and over again.

The Modern Romantic: New Relaxing Classical Piano Music by Laura Sullivan, Sentient Spirit Records, @2016, ASIN: BO1D5AAN26, 1 Disc  

FTC Full Disclosure – A digital copy of this CD was sent to me by the composer in hopes I would review it. However, receiving the complimentary copy did not influence my review. The thoughts are completely my own and given honestly and freely. 

Laura Sullivan is an established New Age Piano Music, New Classical Music and Grammy® Winning artist who is inspired and led to creation promoting holistic health of mind and body, through her calming piano music compositions. She has a Bachelor s degree in Music and a Master’s degree in Psychology. She received the 2014 Grammy win for Best New Age Album. 

For more on Laura and her music, visit her website and connect with her on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope I’ve enticed you to check out Laura’s new CD when it hits the market Friday, May 20. You can pre-order it now. Her refreshing music is so calming. Do you enjoy only one type of music or do you listen to various genres depending on your mood?

7 comments:

  1. Music really does have 'mood power' like that, Mason. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find an hour of metal music calms me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not too many CD's like this are being made anymore. And that is truly sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this recommendation. I am always looking for new music. I definitely need music to help calm and de-stress me;) I can be really uptight. Also, I always like listening to new music, as it really helps with my writing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need that music after the day I've had! Off to check it out on YouTube now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful collection of music! I have been enjoying the copy she sent me.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.