Saturday, January 16, 2016

Calm Within by Laura Sullivan




With the hustle and bustle of the holiday season and the new year, we sometimes feel overwhelmed with stress. Even on a day-to-day basis, we get stressed out putting our nerves on edge.


I had the great fortunate to be able to listen to a new CD release over the holidays that was quite refreshing and most calming.


Grammy® Winning Composer and Recording Artist Laura Sullivan’s new CD -- CALM WITHIN: Music for Relaxation of Body and Mind – is truly amazing. Each track is uplifting and revitalizing. The tracks are soothing, not harsh and hurried.


This is music you can listen to while relaxing in the tub, just resting in a chair, doing your yoga workout, meditating or even when you’re busy doing work at home or the office. This relaxing music will make you think you’re in a spa setting with its smooth tones. 


The CD contains 10 songs with my two favorites being Inner Harmony and Gratitude


If you’re searching for a way to relax, give this CD a try. You’ll find the music draws you in and you are held captive until the last note.

Calm Within: Music for Relaxation of Body and Mind by Laura Sullivan, Sentient Spirit Records, @2015, ASIN: BO15P8GW8K, 1 Disc 

FTC Full Disclosure – A digital copy of this CD was sent to me by the composer in hopes I would review it. However, receiving the complimentary copy did not influence my review. The thoughts are completely my own and given honestly and freely. 

Laura Sullivan is a Grammy winning composer in the New Age genre receiving the 2014 Grammy win for Best New Age Album. For more on Laura and her music, visit her website and connect with her on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube


Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope I’ve enticed you to check out Laura’s CD and listen to her invigorating music. Are you a fan of New Age music or does the genre title stop you from trying it?

4 comments:

  1. I have a CD called Rainforest Requieum, which is perhaps the most soothing piece I have heard. Classical music, interspersed with the noises of the rainforest, the water, the bird calls...
    You have reminded me I should play it again.
    I find music as individual as reading tastes. One size certainly doesn't fit all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music can be very powerful that way, Mason. I'm glad that you enjoyed this CD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife would like that CD. She likes instrumentals, soundtracks, and new age music, so I'm sure she'd dig it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love new age. It sounds so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.