Thursday, September 2, 2010

Something Different

It's one of those days when I had something completely different in mind to share with you - a book review of a soon-to-be released (but I've heard it's already out) cozy murder mystery - but that's not going to happen, sorry.

Being pressed for time, I decided not to rush my attempt at a review. Tried that before and something always goes wrong, not again. So instead I thought I'd share a little talk with you and a puzzle to entertain you.

I wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to all my followers and to those who stop by whether you comment or not. I may not always be able to drop back in during the day to respond to you, but I do appreciate each and everyone of you.

I have a number of wonderful authors scheduled to guest blog this month (see the side list), as well as several cozy murder mysteries and a couple of other genres to review.

Here's a little something you might find interesting. This was sent to me in an e-mail. 15 Famous Authors With Surprising College Majors”( link removed by request of online colleges.org/  It's neat, check it out.

I am amazed each day how much I learn from the various bloggers I visit. I'm not talking about just great information pertaining to writing and books, but the world and life in general. With bloggers all over the world, I'm learning about customs, traditions, ways of life, day-to-day happenings, and thoughts and feeling on where we are as people. As bloggers we share the highs and lows of daily life with each other. Blogging is a lot more and a lot different than I ever imaged. I'm honored to be among such wonderful and caring people.

Now for a puzzle. These are always fun. I enjoy doing them because I don't have to worry about losing pieces. Remember to stop back by tomorrow for a review of honey of a book.
Click to Mix and Solve



25 comments:

  1. the puzzle thing was interesting, didn't know they had that online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'not' applies to me :-(
    I stop by every single day (rather, I read everyday on google reader), but almost never stop by to leave a comment. I am hoping to start rectifying that soon.

    And I do look forward to reading your review of Buzz Off (that is the book, isn't it?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much of an online puzzlers. I need to be able to turn the pieces over in my hands to figure them out.

    Looks like you have an interesting month ahead of you. Thanks again for hosting me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved playing that puzzel - what a neat idea! My time was 6.56 ;p

    http://damselinadirtydress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the puzzle. Thanks for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kind of puzzle! I can't lose the pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are an awesome person with a blog that totally entertains me.

    I will now go check out the link.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mason _ I've had those kind of days, too! And there's no need to thank me for stopping by; I learn every time that I do! Your reviews and guest bloggers and other information makes this a "must-stop" on my daily "blog rounds." : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Summer, I found the puzzles through Chatterbox Chitchat (you'll find a link in my blog roll). I didn't know they were available either.

    Rayna, I do the same thing - read from Google reader and not comment. Some days there just doesn't seem to be enough time to visit otherwise. You're always welcome even when you don't comment. And yes, that is the book. :)

    Cassandrajade, I'm looking forward to your post. If the puzzle is very large I have to have the box cover handy to compare pieces too.

    DJ, hope you enjoyed the puzzle. It was the first one I'd tried in awhile, but fun.

    Nicole, I can't remember what my time was. I just remember it's wasn't very fast, but I still enjoyed it.

    Dru, glad you like the puzzle. They are fun. They give my brain a little different workout.

    Vicki, I have the worst luck of finishing a puzzle that I want to frame and find that I have lost the last one or two pieces of it.

    Teresa, thanks for the kind words. I think you'll enjoy that link. It was interesting to me some of the authors that were mentioned.

    Margot, you are so kind. Thank you. I'm touched to be on your 'must stop' list. You're on my as well, even thought I might not always comment. I learn a great deal from each one of your post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely, Mason. Sometimes we have to give in to those moments, when there's no time or desire to do what we'd planned, because it's better in the long run. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 3:28 - guess I'm a little rusty at the puzzles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mason .. something different - those successful authors started off differently didn't they? But all were achievers before they became authors along the way ..

    Interesting - thank you ... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Puzzles are cool. I made some out of my book covers for fun! I used Jigsaw Planet.

    And even though I don't comment every day, you're a regular stop on my morning tour (and I appreciate your comments on my blog!)
    Terry
    Terry's Place
    Romance with a Twist--of Mystery

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not as faithful as I should be in stopping by, but I do leave a comment when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  15. IT's so true. We learn so much from the various bloggers we visit.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  16. The online puzzle was fun and new to me! Nothing like another way to procrastinate! I bet I can guess tomorrow's book?! I will look forward to hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank YOU Mason! :) I love the blogging community. I've never met such supportive people!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can certainly relate to the cultural excahnge blogg offers. This exchange helps develop us personally and professionally.

    Stephen Tremp

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have not commented often, but I do visit you once or twice a week, and I am looking forward to more about that cozy mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree! I learn so many exciting things from reading my blogs. I just came from a blog with a picture and a map to an underground city in Turkey. How cool is that! Then I read about querying techniques, then a sneak peak at 2011 movies.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree - I've learned so much about different areas of the world through blogging - it's so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Interesting facts. It's surprising how people drift into something they didn't plan to do. As always, great blog.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  23. Janna, Alex, Hilary, Ladyfi, Terry, Diane, Karen, Clarissa, Julia, Talli, Stephen, Dorte, Holly, Jemi, and Ann - thank you each and everyone for stopping by. You guys are the best and make my day brighter for being a part of it.

    Alex, BTW your score is great. Rusty you're not.

    Terry, I hadn't heard of Jigsaw Planet before. It's neat. Thanks for telling me about.

    Holly, the underground city in Turkey does sound cool. Blogging is fun.

    Thanks again everyone for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.