Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday Salon: Seduced By The Wolf by Terry Spear

Ever have one of those days when bad luck seems to follow you around?

Well, that appears to be the case for Oregon rancher Leidolf Wildhaven in author Terry Spear’s latest release, SEDUCED BY THE WOLF. Leidolf is terrible at managing the finances of his ranch and he had his hands full with several abused youths he has taken in. The fact that he has also just taken over as Alpha leader of the wayward pack of lupus garou (werewolf) just adds to his problems.

Then wolf biologist Cassie Roux shows up to lecture on wolves. Leidolf is instantly attracted to her, which makes no sense. He’s never been drawn to a human female before.

Cassie has her own agenda. She is fearlessly protective of wolves. She is able to study them in ways no other wolf biologist can. Having lost her family at an young age, Cassie was raised by wolves and being a lupus garou, she fit right in.

When Leidolf and Cassie meet for the first time, she is wearing a cover scent so he doesn’t know she’s a lupus garou. But she knows he is and vows to stay clear of him. Leidolf learns Cassie has spotted a red wolf in the nearby Mount Hood National Forest. He’s determined to find out more, afraid it could be one of his rogue pack members disobeying his orders again.

The search for the red wolf leads both Cassie and Leidolf into harrowing encounters with hunters and authorities from the local zoo intent on capturing wolves. Along the way, Leidolf learns of Cassie’s true nature making him even more determined to know her.

As Cassie and Leidolf fight for the survival of their species and the wolf, they battle their feelings for one another.

Author Terry Spear has done a wonderful job of blending light paranormal, romance, suspense, and mystery into a tantalizing story that will capture your heart. There is bits of humor and mischief woven into the right places of this story of dedication, honor and loyalty. The author makes the world of lupus garou come to life.

This is the fifth book in Terry Spear’s werewolf series, but it is a stand alone book. Readers meet characters from previous books - including Leidolf - but aren’t left in the dark if they haven’t read the prior books yet.

For an enjoyable read and the opportunity to let your imagination run wild, pick up SEDUCED BY THE WOLF and escape to Leidolf and Cassie’s world where love does rule.


Terry Spear's website is http://www.terryspear.com/

Seduced By The Wolf by Terry Spear, Sourcebooks Casablanca, @2010, ISBN: 978-1-4022-3753-9, Paperback, 416 pages


FTC Full Disclosure - I requested this book and it was sent to me by the publisher in hopes I would review it. However, receiving the complimentary copy did not influence my review.

11 comments:

  1. It sounds interesting. I will recommend it to my online reading group for October reading. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mason - Thanks for this review. I don't normally go for the paranormal kind of stuff, but this one sounds interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gautami, this is a fun werewolf series. It's lighthearted not scary.

    Glynis, I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did.

    Margot, one thing I love about this series is that the relationship between the main characters is always so good. The paranormal aspect is an added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, this might be a werewolf story I could get into...it has some intriguing plot lines.

    Here's my Salon:

    http://accidentalmoments.wordpress.com/2010/08/15/the-sunday-salon/

    Or: click my name for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will admit I'm not a werewolf/vampire reader, but I know plenty of people who are! Thanks for the review, Mason.

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds like something I would really enjoy! :-D Interesting review. I am not a fan of werewolf books, but it sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laurel-Rain, this does have an intriguing plot line. It is so much more than just about werewolves.

    Michele, SEDUCED BY THE WOLF isn't what I'd call a typical werewolf book. It's about the characters and not the gorge that most werewolf books are about.

    Mary, I think you'll enjoy Cassie and Leidolf's story and forget it times they are werewolves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds intriguing.
    And I was seduced by a wolf! Okay, actually it was a Wolfe...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm trying to remember if I've read a werewolf romance. I don't think I have. This one sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.