Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday Salon: Farm Fatale by Wendy Holden

If you’ve ever dreamed of living in a charming cottage in the countryside then FARM FATALE is a must read book. Plus, who could resist a book cover like that?

Author Wendy Holden weaves a funny and delightful tale of a London couple’s move from the big city to a small country town.

Rosie, a freelance illustrator, is bored with city life and longs for the countryside. Meanwhile, her live-in boyfriend Mark loves the city and is sure he’s about to get his ‘big break’ at the newspaper he works for.

The ‘big break’ turns out to be a new column concerning city dwellers versus country living. With continuous pressure from Rosie, the couple makes the move to the countryside.

What they find in Eight Mile Bottom is not all that Rosie had dreamed of. The locals are an eccentric group including a recluse rock star, a gossiping mailman, next door neighbors who are a throwback to the hippy-era, and a rich couple searching for something difference themselves. Oh, and there could be a ghost around too.

The witty dialogue and fun-filled adventures of the group will keep you entertained page after page.

FARM FATALE reminds me of GREEN ACRES, the sitcom from the late 1960s. The difference in FARM FATALE, the woman wants to move to the country instead of the man, but the adventure is just as funny.

Author Wendy Holden has created a funny and unpredictable story with wonderful characters you’ll enjoy. This a diverting summer read.

Author Wendy Holden’s website is http://www.officialwendyholden.com/

Farm Fatale by Wendy Holden, A Comedy of Country Manors, Sourcebooks Landmark, @2010, ISBN: 978-1-4022-3716-4, Paperback, 432 pages


FTC Full Disclosure - I requested this book and it was sent to me by the publisher in hopes I would review it. However, receiving the complimentary copy did not influence my review.


17 comments:

  1. Sounds like my kind of book. Will try to get hold of it in India.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful and is going on my TBR list. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover and adding it to my book list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review. Sounds entertaining. I'll take a look at it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks cute! I've only read one other of her books, picked it up because of the last name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mason - Thanks for this review. This book sounds like a funny and interesting and the ghost sounds intriguing. I like eccentric characters, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute title! must hunt it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The simple life has always appealed to me...maybe because mine seems so complicated sometimes! I'll have to check this one out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like Wendy Holden, but I haven't heard of this one. Great title - I must check it out. Thanks Mason!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review, as always. I'll see if I can get a copy of this - sounds like a fun read.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the title too, very effective. I always enjoy this type of concept, the city life move to the country, and all the escapades that arise. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL - I immediately thought of Green Acres, too, when I read the title.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the title! Made me smile immediately :) Sounds like a terrific read!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like my type of book-perfect for the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like a great book to me! Don't tell anyone, but I liked Green Acres.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this looks like just the ticket. Thanks for the review!
    Hearth Cricket

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.