Saturday, December 24, 2016

Happy Holidays To All!


A gift bag I bought this year
Can you believe it’s already Christmas Eve? I know some places it’s already Christmas. Wow!

Where did the time go? It seems like it was only yesterday that it was spring. Then I blinked and summer was a memory and here we are celebrating the holidays. For as long as I can remember I’ve heard that time flies when you get older. Boy is that ever true!

Today for many will be filled with a lot of last minute shopping, spending time with family and friends, enjoying tasty dishes, and the opening of presents. Whatever your day holds – maybe just some quiet time by yourself – I hope it’s a safe and joyous time.

I am thankful every day for the wonderful friendship and fellowship I’ve found through this blog. I can’t express how much I’ve learned and grown from knowing each of you. Thank you!

Happy Holidays!
I’m off today to spend time with family so I’m afraid I won’t make it by your sites to wish you a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays. But please know I wish each of you a very Merry Christmas from the bottom of my heart. For those celebrating Hanukkah and Kwanzaa, I send wishes of good well, love, and peace. For my Canadian friends, I wish you a joyous Boxing Day on Monday.

I plan to be offline (but still checking emails) until Jan. 2nd or 3rd even though I may have a few posts going up between now and then. I hope y’all will return in the New Year to celebrate new books, fun authors, and life in general with me here at Thoughts in Progress.

A sleeping Traveler waiting on Santa
I want to leave you now with a video I found on YouTube featuring some beautiful Christmas music. I know there's Christmas music at the top of the blog but this video features three hours of some of what I consider classic Christmas music. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. If you click on the YouTube logo and go to that link and then click on 'show more' it will list the songs and singers. I also found a video that features 12 hours of Christmas music. Here’s the link to that one in case you’d like to listen to something else. In addition, I’m sharing a photo of my cat, Traveler, who was sleeping soundly this week reminding me of Clement Clarke Moore’s The Night Before Christmas story.

Wishing you joy, love, peace, prosperity, happiness, and friendship.



10 comments:

  1. A very happy Christmas to you and yours. And thank you (I think) for the bookie temptation you have waved in my weak-willed way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very Merry Christmas to you, Mason! Enjoy your online break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have lovely time Mason - enjoy being with family and friends ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely music, Mason! Thank you. Merry Christmas, and may 2017 be a good year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feliz Navidad!

    Enjoy your time off. See you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas! Traveler looks ready for another nap. LOL I won't post again until the next IWSG, but I will be around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! And a Happy New Year to you my sweet friend! <3 - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.