Friday, February 17, 2017

Draw and Color Your Way to a Younger Brain


Draw and Color Your Way to a Younger Brain: Dogs, Cats, and Wild Animals by Anastasia Catris
◊ Paperback: 176 pages
◊ Publisher: Grand Central Life & Style (January 24, 2017)
◊ Language: English
◊ ISBN-10: 1455543616
◊ ISBN-13: 978-1455543618

SYNOPSIS:

Go beyond the calm coloring craze: Train your brain and enhance your memory as you copy, complete, and color a series of 90 beautifully complex animal creations--from cats and dogs to elephants and zebras.

Research shows that drawing keeps your mind focused and your memory sharp. DRAW YOUR WAY TO A YOUNGER BRAIN includes 90 intricate line drawings of cats, dogs, and safari animals to boost your brainpower using proven art therapy techniques.
Train your brain and enhance your memory as you copy, complete, and color in outlines, doodle in the gaps, and progress to forming your own artistic designs. Line by line, heal your mind, spark your creativity, and improve your cognitive function as you fill in the pages with art and color.


Anything you can do to stimulate your brain and keep your mind sharp is a good thing. Bestselling illustrator Anastasia Catris has created a fun way to accomplish both.

Catris takes the adult coloring book craze to a new level in her recent release, DRAW AND COLOR YOUR WAY TO A YOUNGER BRAIN: Dogs, Cats, and Wild Animals.

While coloring can be calming, relaxing, and fun, just image the exhilaration of copying and designing your own interruption of drawings. Using art therapy techniques, you not only get to color but you also get to complete and enhance the 90 intricate line drawings of wild animals, dogs, and cats.

This beautifully crafted book of amazing creatures will keep you spellbound from the first page to the last. You can let your imagination run wild with colors as you copy the details from one image to another.

This is way more than a coloring book. It’s a book that could help you train your brain and enhance your memory while relaxing as you color.

This book is not designed just for artists to enjoy, but anyone who enjoys art and wants to try their hand at it. Novice and professionals alike will be delighted by the drawings in this enchanting book.

Draw and Color Your Way to a Younger Brain: Dogs, Cats, and Wild Animals by Anastasia Catris, Grand Central Life & Style, @2017, ISBN: 978-1455543618, Paperback, 176 Pages

FTC Full Disclosure – A copy of this book was sent to me by the publisher. However, receiving the complimentary copy did not influence my review. The thoughts are completely my own and given honestly and freely.

Thanks for stopping by today. What do you do to help stimulate your brain and keep your mind sharp?

6 comments:

  1. I just received my first adult comic books yesterday for my birthday. Those are challenging enough. I told my husband it's good I didn't pursue art after high school because I so want to shade everything to perfection but I don't know how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really interesting way to think about keeping our brains active and engaged, Mason. And, let's face it, it's fun to pick up Crayolas! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You reminded me that I bought an adult coloring book some time ago. Obviously I need to stimulate my brain otherwise, I wouldn't have forgotten about it!!!!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, those things make my brain hurt!! Maybe because it is growing?!?!? lol! - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I color frequently but I don't think my brain is any younger lol catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mason - I've never been able to get my head round colouring books - but I do note the enthusiasm ... interesting ideas here ... the brain needs stimulating that's for certain.

    I have got here (somewhere!) Betty Edwards' book "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" - which at some stage I must read/ look at ...

    I'd rather do something else ... but have noted Anastasia Catris' thoughts ... and your review - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.