Thursday, April 18, 2013

Author Ashlyn Chase Talks About Flirting Under a Full Moon

 

It’s my pleasure to welcome author Ashlyn Chase back to Thoughts in Progress as she tours blogdom with her newest release, FLIRTING UNDER A FULL MOON, a romantic comedy with a paranormal twist.

A multi-published eBook author, Ashlyn specializes in characters who reinvent themselves, having reinvented herself numerous times. She has worked as a psychiatric nurse, and for the Red Cross, and has a degree in behavioral sciences. 

Thanks to Ashlyn and the lovely Danielle at Sourcebooks, I have a copy of FLIRTING UNDER A FULL MOON to giveaway. Please see the end of the post for the guidelines.

Here’s a brief synopsis of the book:

Never Cry Werewolf…
     Brandee has been dumped in every way possible, but by text is the last straw. That's it—she's officially done with men. Unfortunately, she's just been told her "soul mate" is the drool-worthy hottie all her friends call One-Night Nick.
     Nick has been searching for true love for one hundred years. After all, werewolves mate for life, and he does not want to mess this up. As soon as he kisses Brandee, he knows she's the one. But how will he convince a woman who knows nothing of paranormals that she's about to be bound to a werewolf forever?

Here’s what one reviewer has to say about FLIRTING UNDER A FULL MOON:
    “A wonderful start to a very lighthearted series...” — Night Owl Reviews, 4.5 Stars, Reviewer Top Pick


Ashlyn has graciously answered some questions for me about her book and her writing.

Mason - If you had to write this book over, would you do anything differently - content in the book, your writing schedule, the way you researched it, etc.?

Ashlyn:
Interesting question. I can’t think of anything I’d change. There have been times with other books that I had feedback from a reviewer and thought, “I’ll have to file that away, just in case I rewrite that book.” But that hasn’t happened with this one, yet. (Not that my contract would allow it anyway.) I did improve something that bothered a reviewer when I republished Death by Delilah. I was glad to have the suggestion.
  


Mason - With the book’s release, as you look back what was the biggest surprise that occurred in writing the story?

Ashlyn:
My characters frequently surprise me. My heroes are often in dangerous professions, but they rarely get shot…in the ass…whileFlirting Under a Full Moon Cover they’re in non-human form. Then they have to show up at the hospital naked as they day they were born—or hatched—or whatever. Nick was running from the NY Mob in wolf form, but wasn’t quite fast enough to escape a bullet. As an RN, I’ve worked in many hospitals, but a naked guy showing up with his hands over his junk and a bullet in the ass would have been a surprise for the most jaded of us.

 
Mason - Have you always wanted to write or was there an event that lead you to writing?

Ashlyn:
Unlike writers who wrote their first books with a crayon at the age of two, I’d never thought about it…even when I got an A+ in high school creative writing class from one of the toughest teachers there. Some of us are thicker than others. LOL


Mason - Of all the authors (past and present) you enjoy reading, has any one (or more) been an influence in your writing?

Ashlyn:
Mary Janice Davidson and Katie McAlister. In fact, I’ve said that if MJ and Katie had a baby, that would be me.


Mason - How would you encourage someone who has never read your genre to give it a try?

Ashlyn:
Absolutely! I’ve received letters from fans who had never read a light paranormal romance and now they’re hooked! Hey, the same thing happened to me when I read my first one.

 
Mason - What can readers look forward to next from you?

Ashlyn:
How to Date a Dragon is coming out in September (and it is already up for pre-order at major retailers), with Kissing with Fangs in 2014.

 
Ashlyn, thanks for joining us today and giving us a look at your writing. With your writing style and flare, it’s hard to believe you didn’t want to be a writer since kindergarten.

Ashlyn lives with her true-life hero husband in beautiful New Hampshire. For more about Ashlyn and her writing, be sure to visit website, check out her Facebook Page and find her on Twitter.

FLIRTING UNDER A FULL MOON is available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, IndieBound, Chapters/Indigo, Discover a New Love, and Sourcebooks.

Now for the giveaway guidelines. To enter, send me an e-mail (mcbookshelf@gmail.com) with the subject line, “Win Flirting Under a Full Moon.” Your message should include your name and mailing address. The contest is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada only and no post office box addresses can be accepted. And, just so you know, I don’t share this information with anyone other than the publisher nor use it for any other purpose. The deadline to enter this giveaway for a copy of FLIRTING UNDER A FULL MOON is 8 p.m. (EST) on Saturday, April 27.

Thanks for dropping by today. Do you enjoy books that blend romance and comedy with a bit of paranormal?

6 comments:

  1. Ashlyn, thanks again for guest blogging here today. Despite the fact that you didn't start out writing with a crayon ;) I'm glad you finally decided to give it a go. Wishing you much success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mason - Thanks for hosting Ashlyn.

    Ashlyn - My characters sometimes surprise me too, so I know what you mean. A well-written romantic comedy can be a real tonic; I wish you much success with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for having me, Mason.
    And I appreciate the comment, Margot. (That's my s-i-l's name. I've always liked it.)

    I have to go out for a few hours this afternoon, but will do my best to check in every so often. Comment away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tell everyone to give her books a try. Read just one and they'll be hooked just like me. Ashlyn's light paranormal books are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great story, but I haven't jumped in and read any paranormals as yet, maybe I'll take the plunge.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.