Friday, April 1, 2016

Find Her by Lisa Gardner


If you’re looking for an intense thriller that keeps you in knots until the end, FIND HER by Lisa Gardner will fit that bill.

Narrator Kristen Potter does an excellent job bringing the characters to life. She captures the emotional turmoil of the various characters and makes the listener feel the effects. Her interruption of the characters enhances this thriller.

Carefree college student Flora Dane was kidnapped seven years ago. She survived her ordeal for 472 days before being rescued. For the past five years she’s worked hard at surviving and learning how to handle herself. She has a bedroom wall covered with information on other girls who haven’t made it home.

Boston Detective D.D. Warren thinks there’s more to Flora when she’s discovered bounded and naked, standing over a dead man. It seems Flora has been connected to three similar suspects since her return home. Is she on a mission or just very unlucky at meeting guys?

Flora and D.D. find themselves both involved in searching for another missing college student. The more D.D. investigates, the more questions she has. The closer Flora gets to the kidnapper, the more her memories with her own kidnapper return.

The author keeps readers/listeners on their toes with the twists and turns of this case. The question of Flora’s recovery is front and center.

FIND HER is filled with suspense and mystery as the tense mounts. The story flows quickly and is laced with adrenaline-fueled moments.

The characters are complex and well-developed. The author also explores the pressures of police work on family life.

This is a riveting thriller that will have you second guessing what you know, while wondering could it be.

Find Her by Lisa Gardner, Detective D.D. Warren series, Narrated by Kristen Potter, Brilliance Audio, @2016, ISBN: 978-1480598645, Unabridged, MP3 CD, Run Time: 12 Hours and 16 Minutes 

FTC Full Disclosure – A copy of this audio book was sent to me by the publisher in hopes I would review it. However, receiving the complimentary copy did not influence my review. The thoughts are completely my own and given honestly and freely.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope I’ve enticed you to check out this fascinating tale. It’s available in eBook, hardcover, paperback and audio. Do you enjoy intense thrillers were you wonder if the victim is really a victim or the criminal?

BTW: Happy April Fool’s Day! Have you been playing jokes or have you had jokes played on you?

9 comments:

  1. Oh dear. I don't think I could deal with this one. Kidnap victims who are held year after year pushes too many buttons. I would definitely go to the bad - and would probably be hoping that Flora had too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Flora is on a mission.
    Too early for tricks, but we'll see what happens when I get to work today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have everyone of her books, her books are all a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does sound like a really fast-paced thriller, Mason! And I think the idea of exploring the impact of such an experience on a person is interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does sound like an intense book!

    No April Fools jokes yet, but I'm betting my kids will come up with something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started listening to audio books. I'm on my third one and I've been missing out. Lisa Gardner's book sounds like a great one to listen to next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just started listening to audio books. I'm on my third one and I've been missing out. Lisa Gardner's book sounds like a great one to listen to next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds action packed with interesting characters.

    Pioneer Women in Aviation A-Z

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I've ever read a Lisa Gardner book, but I'm always looking for good audiobooks to read. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.