Saturday, April 30, 2016

Pieces Like Pottery by Dan Buri


For your reading pleasure you sometimes just want a story that is short and quick to read, but you still want that writing to be engaging and have an impact.

When you open a copy of PIECES LIKE POTTERY by Dan Buri, you’ll find an engrossing collection of short stories that will captivate your emotions and satisfy your reading taste buds. The numerous stories epitomize all of your senses and emotions as you’re drawn into each plot.

The nine stories are as varied in their plots as the reactions drawn from the reader. The tales deal with pain and suffering, hope and inspiration, overcoming our inner demons to survive. Each story touches you in different ways while stimulating your senses.

The author’s style of writing is easy flowing quickly drawing you into each setting. He has created well-balanced characters readers can relate to or feel emotions toward. Buri’s rich descriptions brings each story to life right on the page.

The numerous stories in PIECES LIKE POTTERY come together to form a wonderful reading experience. Readers will be transported and uplifted by the resiliency of love and human nature found throughout these tales.

Pieces Like Pottery by Dan Buri, DJB Publishing, @2015, ASIN: BO163NLWDQ, Digital, 522 KB File Size, 179 Pages

FTC Full Disclosure – A copy of this book was sent to me by the author in hopes I would review it. However, receiving the complimentary copy did not influence my review. The thoughts are completely my own and given honestly and freely.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope I’ve enticed you to check out this collection of short stories. Do you find that sometimes you just want a quick story to read instead of a tale that takes days to finish?

8 comments:

  1. Short stories are often good because you can get through one quickly - and feel like you accomplished something reading-wise. (Same goes for writing them!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I wish I enjoyed the experience of getting through writing one of these short stories quickly, alas, I didn't not. It took me seven years (7?!?!) to complete the stories with all their linkage, underlying themes, hidden easter eggs, et al. Next time I'm writing a full length novel! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the short story. With my attention span, the short story is necessary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are definitely times when a collection of short stories is the perfect choice, Mason. And it seems as though this one is a nicely-written collection. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great this one sounds. There's nothing like a good collection of short stories. Thanks for all the recommendations. I've enjoyed coming by and seeing what you have posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Teresa--always good to hear about a short story collection! Short is sometimes the perfect read right before falling asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy short stories. I've been reading more of them. I like how they can encompass so many feelings and have amazing plots in such a short length.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your wonderful thoughts and generosity, Mason. I am so grateful. From the comments, it sounds like some of your readers may enjoy the book as well. I certainly hope you do!

    If you or any of your readers have questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.