Friday, June 8, 2012

A Quest For Good Manners by Karin Lefranc


Good Manners book coverI’m always looking for books for my young cousins and when the book is also educational, that’s a bonus for their parents.

A QUEST FOR GOOD MANNERS by Karin Lefranc is a perfect example of such a book. It’s a fun read that teaches without the youngsters realizing it.

The beautiful illustrations by Hannah Neale are vivid and colorful. The illustrations bring the story to life and will delight readers, young and old alike.

Princess Rosalind and her pet dragon, Sprakler, have no table manners and never say ‘thank you’ or ‘please.’

Having her fill, the Queen banishes the pair from the castle. They have 3 days to find Good Manners or the Queen will banish Sparkler for good.

They visit Percival, the wizard, before heading out on their quest. He gives them a magic fork to aid in their travel. On their quest they meet a fairy with purple wings and Lady Grace. They also learn what Good Manners are and why they are important.

Lefranc does a wonderful job of weaving a magical tale of adventure while teaching why manners are important. Through Princess Rosalind’s actions, readers will be able to relate.

A QUEST FOR GOOD MANNERS is suggested for ages 4 to 8 and would make a wonderful addition to any youngster’s library. It will bring a smile to everyone’s face.

For can be found at www.AQuestForGoodManners.com

A Quest For Good Manners by Karin Lefranc, Illustrated by Hannah Neale, Beluga Press, @2011, ISBN: 978-0983045908, Hardcover, 32 Pages   

FTC Full Disclosure - I requested this book was sent to me by the author in hopes I would review it. However, receiving the complimentary copy did not influence my review

Do you or did you use stories to teach your youngsters? Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day and remember to enjoy a book.

3 comments:

  1. My kids always used there manners and my GK do most of the time. I think manners are going by the wayside, though.

    This book sounds great.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good manners have always been important in our house. Please and thank you and especially table manners.

    I did use stories to teach my son but, most of it was by example. When he was 11, his father and his staff were honored, along several other Veterans from our area, in Washington DC. We took Jake.

    There were formal meals as well as a lot of meet and greet functions. I was very proud of how he handled himself. I had been well trained by my parents with proper manners in formal settings and I trained Jake the same way.

    I had a senator actually compliment me on my son's behavior and manners. She spent some time chatting with Jake as did several state reps. Jake was the youngest child there. I will say, he handled the formal settings better than some adults who were also present--both in table manners and in speaking with officials.

    I hope he passes it on to his children.

    I think I'll get this for my niece (who is more like another daughter) for her children, 5 and 3. I know Jossie will enjoy the story. :-)

    Sia McKye OVER COFFEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mason - I always admire it so much when an author writes a book that sparks children's interest in reading. What a great little story, too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.