I have a number of awards that I’d like to say “thanks” for and pass along to others. These were given to me over the past few weeks and this is the first time I’ve had a chance to really pass them along.
First up, Carol at Under the Tiki Hut tagged me last month with a handwriting mem. Since I had to hand-write my answers, I decided to print so you could have a better chance reading them.
1. Full Name and Blog Name
2. Right handed, left handed, or both?
3. Favorite letters to write.
4. Least favorite letters to write.
5. Write "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."
6. Write these words in all caps: CRAB HUMOR KALEIDOSCOPE PAJAMAS GAZILLION
7. Write the lyrics to your favorite song. Can you guess the song? I began liking it because of a TV show.
8. Tag seven (7) VERY SPECIAL BLOGS with a unique drawing or doodle. The names and their links are below.
Marvin @ The Old Silly's Free Spirit Blog
Ingrid @ The Conscious Cat
Dru Ann @ notes from me
Stephen @ Breakthrough BlogsKathleen @ From Cop to Mom And The Words In Between
Next, Leigh @ That’s Write presented me with the "Happy 101 Award". Thanks Leigh. I’ve just recently found Leigh’s blog and enjoy visiting it. If you haven’t stop by before, be sure to drop by and say hi. You’ll be glad you did.
I like to pass this on to:
Vicki @ Rambles and Randomness for making me spew coffee all over my computer from time to time with her hilarious, laugh-out loud post.
Nissi @ Nissi Peters (aka Glynis Smy) for sharing her delightful new creation, Chewy Chester with us.
Michele @ Southern City Mysteries honored me with the "Literacy Builder Blog Award". I am touched and honored to receive this award as literacy is an important issue to me. Literacy is something that given how advanced we are as a society shouldn’t exist, but yet it does. Thanks Michele. If you haven’t stop by her site, please be sure to do so. She offers great advice and helpful tips for writing and helps spread the word about literacy on her blog and with her professional career.
Here are the rules that came with the award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
2. Display the award logo on your blog site.
3. Tell us five of your favorite words and why you like them (add as many as you’d like).
4. Pass the award on to three bloggers you feel are excellent literacy builders, and link to their sites.
5. Contact the bloggers you’ve chosen and let them know about the award.
1. Hodgepodge - a mixture, jumble - because that’s the way my day usually goes.
2. Zephyr - a gentle breeze or breeze from the west - it just sounds like a peaceful word and makes me think calm.
3. Loquacious - full of excessive talk, wordy - there are days when I just seem to ramble on and on, plus I like the way it sounds.
4. Veranda - a roofed open gallery, porch - this word brings to mind summer evenings, sipping sweet ice tea, Gone With the Wind, and the most Southern drawl you can image. Where’s Rhett when you need him?
5. Thingamajig - something that is hard to classify, whose name is forgotten - this words seems to be coming up more and more in my daily speech as I …. now what was I talking about, oh well it’ll come back to me later.
I’d like to pass this along to
KarenG @ Coming Down the Mountain. Karen has done a great job helping others promote their work and getting bloggers together.
Sia @ Sia McKye’s Thoughts … Over Coffee. Sia, who is a writer, has a wonderful blog where she hosts other authors and does a great job reviewing books.
Jemi @ Just Jemi. Jemi has a wonderful blog that provides great help for writers and non-writers alike. But to me Jemi represents more because she’s a teacher and she’s the type of teacher I wish I’d had when I was in school. She encourages her students to read and write their own stories and she even reads to them. How great is that?
Be sure to drop by and visit all three of these lovely ladies. They do an excellent job promoting writing and reading.
I was also awarded the "Lovely Blog Award" by Jane @ Crazy Jane. Thanks Jane, I appreciate the award and am touched by your thoughtfulness. Jane was an interesting blog where she shares her thoughts and inspiration. She’s just gotten a dream contract. Be sure to drop by her blog to found out about it.
I’d like to pass this on to
Linda @ Linda Leszczuk. This is a new blog that I've just found and enjoy visiting. Linda has some very interesting post about writing and all that goes with it.
Clarissa @ Listen To the Voices Clarissa has one of the most informative, entertaining, and enlightening blogs. If you want to learn how to make a movie trailer, check out her blog.
Nancy @ This Writer’s Life This is another new blog that I'm enjoying visiting very much. Nancy shares her thoughts on writing.
I hope you’ll stop by all these lovely blogs and say hello, if you don’t already.
Now to pass along a great link. Ingrid had an interesting post yesterday at The Conscious Cat entitled World’s Best Cat Litter Gives Back. If you didn’t get a chance to read the post, be sure to do so. I know a lot of you are pet owners and a good number have cats. This post tells how you can help donate cat litter to various organizations.
One more thing, Holly at Bellas Novella had a post yesterday telling about how to get a graphic novel from Janet Evanovich - free. Check it out.
That’s my hodgepodge and more today. If all goes well I’ll have reviews to share with you on Sunday Salon. Have a wonderful Saturday. Remember to enjoy your time with your loved ones and smile at the strangers (it might just brighten their day).