Friday, October 30, 2020

Early for a Change

This post is actually a day early. Can you believe I'm finally posting something early instead of several months late?
 
This post is all about Oct. 31st, but since I don't normally post on Saturday I decided to do it today.
 
First, of course, tomorrow will be Halloween in the U.S. A day of ghosts, goblins, tricks, and treats. Due to Covid-19 I'm sure this year's celebration will be different in so many ways. I hope everyone has a very safe and happy Halloween no matter how you're celebrating.
 
Second, Oct. 31st is the anniversary of Thoughts in Progress. I can't believe it's been 11 years since that first port I scheduled went live. It's been an amazing journey so far. I've been honored to have "meet" so many wonderful friends, found such terrific new books, and discovered authors are more fascinating than I ever imaged.
 
I know blogging can sometimes get to be more work than it should be (thanks Blogger for changing!), but in the end it is rewarding. The blogging community comes together in good times and bad. This year has already had way too many hurdles in my opinion. 
 
I lost my fur baby Traveler, work has changed, life in general is different, and I've lost good friends and family members to Covid-19 (as I'm sure many of you have too). There's been tragedy through fires, floods, hurricanes, and much more. But through it all there have been happy times, good memories, and new friendships. We are strong together.

I won't make any promises as to what I'm going to do for the next year of blogging (besides my plans don't always go the way I want). I will say I hope to continue sharing new books and interesting stories, introducing new-to-me authors, and welcoming returning authors. If there are any types of posts you'd like to see or see more of, please let me know in the comments. 
 
I enjoy visiting with everyone (though I might not always comment) and I'm honored when you stop by here. A huge THANK YOU to everyone for your support. I really appreciate each and everyone of you. Ya'll are awesome. 

Now I have a bit of book news to share with your.
 
HALL-O-SCREAM BOOK FAIR!

Discover over 40 amazing dark fantasy and paranormal romance titles at either free or discounted pricing from the 26th to the 31st of October!!!!

So, what are you waiting for? Let’s buy some books!

This post is hosted by 

Thanks again for stopping by and for being a part of my journey here. Ya'll have made blogging a wonderful thing. What's the first thought that comes to mind when you say blogging (for me, it's friends)?

20 comments:

  1. You are so right about the blogging community - and you epitomise the support, kindness and generosity I have found here.
    I hope that life continues to allow you to keep blogging (because the greedy reader in me loves your post) and more importantly I hope life treats you more kindly. This year and every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. E.C., thank you for your lovely words. The blogging community is something special. Your blog makes me smile when I visit and I get to see a part of he world I've never been to but hope to visit someday. And, you gotta love a good book, right? :)

      Delete
  2. Whoo-Hoo--Happy 11th Blogaversary!!! You have always been an inspiration to me, and I look forward to reading your future posts. I hope that you will be blessed both personally and professionally. May the care that you show to others be returned to you many times over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, blogging means sharing good things with good people. I've been online for fourteen years as a reviewer and influencer, and I've been a blogger for over seven years. It's been quite a journey--sharing my love for all things books, coffee, recipes and cooking, family stories, and my love of animals. I've gotten to know some wonderful people, read some great books, and I have learned a lot about life and other subjects. I hope I never stop learning--and laughing. Best Wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Virginia, I agree with you it's all about sharing good things with good people. I enjoy your post and find wonderful books (some I had forgotten about and go back and reread). I hope you never stop learning and laughing too, especially since you share it with us.

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary! I've discovered so many wonderful books through your blog over the years, but more importantly, your blog and the blogging community as a whole have been the one constant through all the ups and downs of the last 11 years. Here's to another 11 and many many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ingrid, thank you so much. You have definitely been there for me through some really difficult times and the great times too.

      Delete
  5. Happy anniversary! You began blogging nine days before me. Too wild.
    It has been a crazy ride but glad you are still here to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, it has been a crazy ride. Happy early blog anniversary to you. So happy to be a part of this wonderful community.

      Delete
  6. Happy anniversary! I always forget mine. (April 2005)

    It's been a damaging year in more ways than we hear about but we'll get through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, it has been a tough year and you're right - we'll get through it.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations, Mason! Eleven years of blogging is so impressive! And I truly enjoy every visit here. May you have many more years of blogging. You're right that we've had quite a year, and some sad, difficult things have happened to us. But we have each other's support, and as you say, we are stronger together. Wishing you a good 12th year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margot, thank so much. I'm so glad to see you back to blogging. The support from the blogging community is amazing.

      Delete
  8. Happy blogoversary! And happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie, thank you and Happy Halloween to you too!

      Delete
  9. Hi Mason - happy blogoversary ... I've been going a little longer - but I do enjoy it ... and all the learning I absorb from bloggers around the world. Halloween - will be very 'dull' this year ... any ghost or ghoul has to wade through the rain! Take care and looking forward to more - all the best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary, thank you. I have learned so much from visiting your site and seeing places I'd love to see in person. I think Halloween will be a bit "dull" this year, I just hope people stay safe.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.