Need to cool down this summer? Rock Star Lit has some Cool Contemporary Reads handy for that! From August 1st to August 31st, Rock Star Lit will be holding a Cool Contemporary Reads contest featuring their coolest (okay hottest) contemporary authors and a TERRIFIC contest prize. Please see the end of the post for more giveaway details.
Here’s the books featured in this awesome giveaway.
Candice Gilmer from Night Owl Reviews shares her ‘Top 5 Beach Reads.’
For the beach, (or in my case, the lake), that’s my time to catch up on all the books I’ve downloaded to my device. I prefer books that are fun and funny. They can get serious as I get wrapped up in the world, but especially if it’s a new-to-me book, I like it to be lighter and a bit more fun.
As far as some of my favorites to read, here’s a standing list of romance novels I love to read (in no particular order) and I’ve read over and over because I love them.
• Katie MacAllistar’s Improper English. This book makes me laugh every time. The heroine is a little self-obsessed, and horribly accident prone, but I can totally relate to her antics.
• Any of the Bridgerton Series by Julia Quinn. I can pick one of these up, any of them, truly, and read them because not only do they crack me up, but the characters bring me to tears… Every time!
• Tasha Black’s 300 Moons series. Well, they’re stand-alone shifter books, but they’re a series. Love them. Shifters, spells, and magic, oh my!
• JC Andrijeski’s Quentin Black series is also awesome. Mystery. Gritty, A hero to squeal over… Yeah. It’s got it all.
• Anything by Theresa Romain. I love me some historical romance. I can’t write it to save my life—too many details I can screw up. Fairy tales? That’s a different story, though, but historicals have always been a love of mine. Especially fun historicals.
So there you have it. My beach reads.
It’s not that fancy, and like most books, I found them all by random shopping, but it’s a list of just some of the books I love to read, whenever I get a second to relax. (Though that doesn’t happen as often as I’d like, lol)
Linda Winfree shares her ‘Top 5 Beach Reads.’
1) Once and Always by Judith McNaught – actually, just about any historical by McNaught, but I love the last few chapters of this book. Love.
2) Lucy Monroe’s Harlequin Presents – it doesn’t matter which one, they are all amazing mind-candy. Monroe writes the best grovel ever.
3) Sleepless at Midnight by Jacquie D’Alessandro – love this whole historical series. Smart heroines and infatuated heroes. Intrigue and secrecy – what’s not to love?
4) The Big Girl’s Guide to Buying Lingerie by Amie Stuart – hilarious and hot cowboy romance. I adore all of Stuart’s cowboy romances.
5) Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer – because every list needs at least one great nonfiction read and it doesn’t get much better than this!
When asked about beach reads, Jett Monroe had this to say, “Full of drama, sexy times, and sometimes humor, here's my top 5 beach reads.”
First Star I See Tonight - Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Dare to Surrender - Carly Phillips
The Rogue Not Taken - Sarah Maclean
The Girl on The Train - Paula Hawkins
any of the Rock Chick books by Kristen Ashley
This tour-wide giveaway features some amazing items and runs through Aug. 31. The giveaway includes: a prize-filled beach bag, eBooks, signed books, gift cards, and a $25 Powell’s City of Books eGift Card courtesy of Night Owl Reviews.
To enter the giveaway, just click on the Rafflecopter widget below and follow the instructions. The widget may take a few seconds to load so please be patient.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. There’s a lot of interesting books featured here. What’s your favorite beach read? Do you have more than one?