Sunday, January 4, 2015

I’m Late, I’m Late, I’m Late …



Pocket_Watch_by_kishorsonar_art
Source: Deviant Art
It seems I’m always running late getting things done these past couple of months and it doesn’t appear I’m getting any better in the New Year!

I was hoping to share a couple of interesting book reviews with you today, but as you can see that’s not happening. So instead of not posting at all, I decided to share a photo with you and get your creative juices flowing.

I find that firewood sometimes offers such unusual images, if you take the time to look. Take a good look at the photo below and tell me what you see (if anything).
Images in Firewood at Thoughts in Progress
I don’t want to influence your thinking so I won’t share what I see just yet. However, depending on how I look at it, I can see two completely different shapes in the piece of wood in the middle. I haven’t given the wood on the right or the small piece of wood on the left that much attention to see anything. Maybe you can see something there too.

Do you remember the crazy back in the early 90s (I think) where you had to squint and look at a drawing to see an image inside the drawing? I could never see anything but the main drawing. Now give me a drawing by Beverly Doolittle and I can show you the hidden images quickly. I LOVE her work.

I hope I’ve provided a bit of entertainment to help you relax for a few minutes on this first Sunday in January. I also hope the weather in your neck of the woods is better than what ours is predicted to be – rain (again) and the temperatures dropping. Thanks so much for stopping by today and your continued support. Y’all are the best.

Now, tell us what do you see in the wood.

20 comments:

  1. I can certainly see a bunny on that middle piece of wood, a rock(?) beside him/ner and another bunny facing to the right behind him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child, I hadn't seen a bunny but now that you mention it it's easier to see.

      Delete
  2. Hi Mason - an exploding Christmas firework .. full of bright colours ... the middle one a bird taking off ... with an arrow sign above ... the left one not sure .. but wood does give us wonderful prints ... and ideas for expression .. Happy New Year - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary, I like all of your images especially the exploding Christmas fireworks. Happy New Year to you as well.

      Delete
  3. I see trees within trees.
    I remember those images from the 90's. I always had to work hard to see anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, no matter how hard I tried I still couldn't see anything in those images.

      Delete
  4. Mason - I think it can really get the creative juices flowing, as you say, to use the visual. Whether it's an optical illusion or something else, it can get you thinking. Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margot, one thing I like about the images in wood - they seem to change if I look at them from a different angle.

      Delete
  5. Great article! I saw a bagpipe right away in the left side piece (small log).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LilMissMolly, I like the bagpipe image. It does show up when you think about it.

      Delete
  6. Well, the smallest one I really can't make anything of except maybe a squashed bug, LOL. The middle one I thought of a pressed flower, it sort of looks like a fairy coming out of a genie bottle (a late night party maybe?), The third one I see a tree, or a large piece of broccoli...I prefer tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, oh a fairy coming out of a genie bottle - now there's a story in the making. :)

      Delete
  7. I understand the "I'm late" feeling. I blame Christmas and New Year's coming on Thursday this year, making the weeks short and holidays long. Not that I'm complaining until it's time to get things done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, Christmas and New Year's coming on Thursday definitely didn't help. You're right, it did make the weeks short. Now I'm not sure what I can blame for my being late. :)

      Delete
  8. Nope, the weather here is also horrible, we had a week of minus ten degrees and lower, and then there was ice rain too which made me slip and fall on my bum which is now bruised :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dez, so sorry to hear about your bruised bum. Hope you're feeling better. Our weather is suppose to be cold, but hopefully we won't have to deal with ice rain. Take care.

      Delete
  9. I see a tepee and the symbol for "man" on the middle log.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly, the tepee does appear now that you've mentioned it. Isn't funny how things show up once someone else points them out.

      Delete
  10. Hi all, thanks for sharing your images. For me, I saw a reindeer by looking at the middle log at a slight angle or I could see it as an angel. Love the images y'all shared too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. interesting to see what the others are seeing-I am seeing mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.