Friday, May 20, 2011

THE ARRIVALS by Meg Mitchell Moore

I'd like to share my review of THE ARRIVALS by Meg Mitchell Moore as part of the author's virtual blog book tour.

William and Ginny Owens had settled into a comfortable empty-nest lifestyle until their three grown children return home with major problems.

First to return home was the eldest, Lillian. She brought her 3-year-old daughter, Olivia, and her 3-month-old son, Philip, with her. Absent was her husband, Tom. She didn’t want anyone to know she had left her cheating husband.

Next to visit was the middle child, Stephen, and his pregnant wife, Jane. They only came for the weekend, but had to stay longer when Jane is confined to bed rest. Ginny and Jane seem to rub each other the wrong way. Ginny, who has been a housewife all her married life, doesn’t understand Jane, who is a Wall Street workaholic.

Last to return home is the youngest, Rachel. She is getting away from New York, her failing career, and her ex-boyfriend who doesn’t want to commit to marriage.

While the family is settling into living together again for a short while, each begins to learn more about themselves. The family finds new perspectives on responsibility, loyalty, and loving family that sometimes drives you crazy.

Author Meg Mitchell Moore has created a typical family with modern problems and glimpses of simpler times. THE ARRIVALS is a delightful summer read to help you remember how special family really is.

The Arrivals by Meg Mitchell Moore, Reagan Arthur Books, @201, ISBN: 9780316097710, Hardcover, 336 pages


FTC Full Disclosure - I requested this book as part of a virtual blog book tour and it was sent to me by the publisher in hopes I would review it. However, receiving the complimentary copy did not influence my review.



**Thanks for dropping by. I’m still not able to be around blogdom, but I do appreciate everyone’s prayers and continued support.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the review! Glad you enjoyed the book.

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm putting this on my list. Love the cover.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds good! Love the cover. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book and the cover are very appealing. To put on my TBR.Thanks.

    I don't forget you and your family Mason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good one - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mason - Thanks for this review. Family stories are so interesting, and it sounds as though this one really gives one a valuable "inside look" at how family interactions work. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No worries, Mason. We'll all still be here when you return. I think I can probably relate to Ginny ... we still have family houseguests - one month in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Catching up on your posts, Mason. Thanks for sharing so many interesting topics/books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am adding the book to my list. Stopping by for the first time today. Thanks for the review!

    ~Tracy
    www.evolvingsoul11.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.