Monday, January 22, 2018

Knock, Knock … It’s Me!




Hi all, it’s Mason. I hope y’all remember me. I know it’s been awhile since I’ve been here at Thoughts in Progress.

I didn’t intend on being away so long but one day turned into two, two turned into four and then it just snowballed. With the holidays and a full-time job now outside the home, life has been a bit crazy (whose life isn’t, right?). Then I decided since we were having such fun weather here in the South (extremely low temperatures, ice, snow, you know) that it was the perfect time to get this nice cough and cold that’s going around. You know the one that doesn’t want to leave you once you get even if you take all the medicine the doctor prescribes for you. It has finally decided to visit someone else and I’m feeling better (not coughing with every other breath).

My plan is to get back to blogging on a regular basis. That means sharing new books and authors with you here and visiting with you on your blogs. If I don’t make it by to see you today, I’ll be by soon I promise.

Meanwhile, I need a bit of help. I had a note on my calendar concerning DEADLY SWEET by Lola Dodge for today, but I can’t find anything in my emails about it. The note didn’t say if it was a book tour, feature or what. If you have contacted me about this book, please contact me again.

One other bit of information concerns a book tour I’m handling through MC Book Tours. Author Hank Quense has a new book, QUEEN MOXIE, that will be on tour today through Feb. 20. If you’d like to participate in the tour, just drop me an email or visit the tour page.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Has this crazy cough/cold visited with you?


19 comments:

  1. It is lovely to see you back.
    Sadly on the other side of the world and in high (and hot) summer we are dealing with coughs and colds. Which seems so unfair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child, I think colds are so much worse in the heat. Hopefully this terrible cough and cold will run its course soon. Take care of yourself.

      Delete
  2. Good to see you back, and glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you! Sorry, seems everybody is sick. Weather that goes up and down doesn't help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, it does seem everyone is sick. Just when you're feeling better and you think you've turned the corner, the weather decides to take a turn for the worse and the sickness comes back. Hope all is well with you and your family.

      Delete
  4. Glad you're back! Hope you're better soon. There has been *so* much going around this winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, thanks. There has been so much sickness this winter. Can't wait for spring. :)

      Delete
  5. So glad to see you back, Mason! I know just what you mean about life getting crazy. It does do that, doesn't it? I hope you're feeling better soon, and I look forward to your posting again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margot, thanks so much. I've missed visiting with you. Life can be hectic at times.

      Delete
  6. Welcome back! Time does get away from us sometimes, doesn't it? We each had a very mild cold after Christmas but fortunately that's been it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, you're so right about time getting away from us. Glad to hear y'all haven't had this cough/cold thing that's going around. Continue to take care.

      Delete
  7. Good to see you back! I have not experienced the dreaded cough and cold this season, as yet. However, I have been mostly secluded and assisting a family member who has a chronic condition. Glad that you kicked the cough, it lingers like the Cheshire Cat's smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lil, I think being mostly secluded is the best thing right now. It's not good being out and about in with people coughing. You're absolutely right about the cough lingering like the Cheshire Cat's smile.

      Delete
  8. Great that you're recharged and ready to go. I like your bright, new blog look, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee, thanks. I miss my old blog look at times but this one is growing on me.

      Delete
  9. Almost everyone I know has a sore throat or cough. I'm trying not to breath. LOL. My Moxie post is FINALLY up. What a nightmare. I had to revamp the entire thing after some kind of glitch attacked my draft. Not what I had planned. Glad you're on the way back to blogging, Pam. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joylene, sorry to hear about your post glitch but thanks so much for being a part of Hank's tour. Take care not to get this cough/cold thing.

      Delete
  10. Hi Mason - we've had it in the family here ... but we've been ok - others not so lucky. Take care and welcome back - looking forward to seeing you around - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.