Sunday, August 7, 2016

Magical Jungle by Johanna Basford


MAGICAL JUNGLE: An Inky Expedition and Coloring Book for Adults by Johanna Basford
◊ Paperback: 88 pages
◊ Genre: Crafts, Games, Coloring Books for Grown-Ups
◊ Publisher: Penguin Books: Clr Csm edition (Aug. 9, 2016)
◊ Language: English
◊ ISBN-10: 0143109006
◊ ISBN-13: 978-0143109006

SYNOPSIS:

          From the internationally bestselling creator of Lost Ocean comes a beautiful new adult coloring book that takes you on a wondrous expedition through the jungle.
 
Follow ink evangelist Johanna Basford down an inky trail through the Magical Jungle and discover a forgotten world of flora and fauna just waiting to be colored in this new coloring book for adults. Through intricate pen and ink illustrations, color-inners of all ages are invited to explore an exotic rainforest teeming with creatures large and small. Encounter speckled tree frogs and dainty hummingbirds, prowling tigers and playful monkeys. Let your imagination run wild in the leafy treetop canopy or find yourself drawn to the delicate world of sensational blossoms and tropical plants below.

“The colorists have a queen, and her name is Johanna Basford.” —New York Magazine

“Consider trading in your yoga mat for a set of markers and peruse the gorgeous gardens of Basford’s imagination.” —The Huffington Post

As adult coloring books explode onto the market, I’m amazed at the exquisite details some of these books contain.

Illustrator Johanna Basford has one such book with her soon-to-be released MAGICAL JUNGLE: An Inky Expedition and Coloring Book for Adults. The intricate pen and ink illustrations are a work of beauty before color is ever added.

Basford takes colorists on a fascinating adventure through an exotic rainforest. There’s not just flora and fauna waiting to be brought it life with color, but also numerous animals of all shapes and sizes. In fact, Basford lists just what types of animals and how many of each are hidden throughout the pages for you to find. In addition, there’s a brief introduction and several tips for making the journey a fun coloring experience.

Colorists can let their imagination run wild as they explore this tropical paradise. The beautiful drawings will have you stopping to admire the overall whimsical effect. This book is a great way to lose yourself for a few hours (or longer) and relax letting your creative side take over.

Basford, dubbed ‘the reigning queen of coloring’ by the New York Times, definitely lives up to her title with her forthcoming release. MAGICAL JUNGLE is a magical experience for all ages.

Magical Jungle: An Inky Expedition and Coloring Book for Adults by Johanna Basford, Penguin Books: Clr Csm edition, @2016, ISBN: 978-0143109006, Paperback, 88 Pages

FTC Full Disclosure – A copy of this book was sent to me by the publisher in hopes I would review it. However, receiving the complimentary copy did not influence my review. The thoughts are completely my own and given honestly and freely.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have you tried your hand at an adult coloring book yet? If so, does it bring back memories of your childhood? Have you found a favorite coloring book yet?

9 comments:

  1. I haven't dived in yet. My memories of childhood colouring are mixed (I couldn't keep within the lines) and my fine motor controls are shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing such great things about coloring books for adults, Mason. Haven't tried one yet, I admit, but they always look interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pen and ink makes a comeback. I bet some of them are done on the computer though. Depends on the illustrator's style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such delight! I think it has been published here as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see me getting caught up in coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried adult coloring books yet. I'm bemused at the idea. I know I loved coloring as a child, so maybe the appeal now for adults is the relaxation that goes with it. It seems like it would be quite a switch from today's busy-ness of the social media world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have enjoyed colouring since I was a child and was first instructed to colour in between the lines. After that I was hooked. Thanks for sharing the news of this one. Good ones are hard to come by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have one of her colouring books, and the detail is astonishing. Sad to say I haven't used it yet, though. Am I the only one who buys these books and then never gets around to doing anything with them?

    As much as I'd like to color, it always seems to slip off the to-do list.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.