Do you remember the old saying, “Sleep tight and don’t let the bed bugs bite”?
As children we believed that was just something our parents told us to make us sleep. But as adults we know bed bugs really exist. They can come into your home no matter how neat and tidy you keep your surroundings.
According to Wikipedia, dwellings can become infested with bed bugs in a variety of ways, such as:
- Bugs and eggs inadvertently brought in from other infested dwellings on a visiting person's clothing or luggage;
- Infested items (such as furniture, clothing, or backpacks) brought in;
- Nearby dwellings or infested items, if easy routes are available for travel (through duct work or false ceilings);
- Wild animals (such as bats or birds) that may also harbour bed bugs or related species such as the bat bug;
- People visiting an infested area (e.g. dwelling, means of transport, entertainment venue, or hotel) and carrying the bugs to another area on their clothing, luggage, or bodies.
- Though bed bugs will feed on pets, they do not live or travel on the skin of their hosts, and pets are not believed to be a factor in their spread.
According to reports, bed bugs have come back strong over the last decade making it harder to get a good night’s sleep without worrying. Even curling up in bed with a good book can lead to visions of your own horror story unfolding.
Now is the time to take control of the situation with a smart action plan – before the bed bugs bite. Bed bugs reproduce quickly so it’s critical to detect and treat an infestation early.
Thanks to Orkin and the good folks at PartnersHub Family, I have a giveaway that will help with your fight against bed bugs. I have the Orkin Bed Bug Home Prevention Prize Pack (2 mattress safe, pillow safe protectors - $30 value) to award one lucky reader! Please see the end of the post for details.
Take the “Don’t Let the Beg Bugs Bite” QUIZ and download the “5 Must-Known Facts” PDF for a few tips on how to spot a budding beg bug problem.
If you suspect an infestation, be sure to contact your Orkin professional, who can inspect your home thoroughly and design a treatment that’s right for you. You can also visit Orkin.com or call 877-412-6806 for a free estimate.
This giveaway is for one Orkin Bed Bug Home Prevention Prize Pack which includes two mattress safe, pillow safe protectors valued at $30. The giveaway is for residents of the U.S. only and no post office box addresses can be accepted. To enter just click on the widget below and follow the instructions. If the entry form doesn't seem to work, just send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Orkin Bed Bugs in the subject line and your name and mailing address in the body.
Thanks for stopping by today. I know you enjoy book-related material, but from time to time I want to share information that is more lifestyle-related. I hope you find it helpful. Know any horror stories of bed bugs you’d like to share with us? Do you think bed bugs could be used in a murder mystery?
FTC Full Disclosure - I am working with Orkin LLC in making this announcement. Orkin LLC, through PartnersHub Family, is supplying the Orkin Bed Bug Home Prevention Prize Pack as a promotional giveaway. I am hosting the giveaway without compensation solely for the purpose of providing visitors to my blog the opportunity to win this prize pack.
Each household is only eligible to win Orkin Bed Bug Home Prevention Prize Pack (2 mattress safe, pillow, safe protectors) via blog reviews and giveaways. Only one entrant per mailing address per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you will not be eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.
* This post is sponsored by Orkin. Find more on Twitter at #OrkinBedBugs