Saturday, March 19, 2011

This, That, Thank You

Has anyone else noticed how quickly the weeks are going by this month or is it just me?

Remember back when you were a kid and it took f o r e v e r  for Saturday so you didn’t have to go to school. Or what about Christmas and your birthday, they took an eternity to come around.

Now days I close my eyes to sneeze and two days seem to disappear. I think we all have so much going on at one time that life stays on the fast track.

With that in mind I want to say thanks so much to everyone who stops by and reads Thoughts in Progress and a special thanks to those who have taken the time to comment. I really appreciate it. My days have gone crazy lately and I haven’t had the opportunity to comment on everyone’s blog like I normally would. I hope to be back commenting soon.

I want to also thank Helen at Straight From Hel who gave me the
Stylish Blogger Award this week. I’m honored to receive this award from Helen. If you don’t already follow Helen’s blog, you should. She always has the latest news in the publishing industry, interesting interviews, and wonderful reviews (with the most unusual disclaimers).

The rules are to share 7 things about myself and pass the award onto 7 other bloggers. Here goes:
1. My hair is straight and when down touches the calves of my legs.
2. I love flying - in jets to ultralights and everything in between.
3. I love growing herbs, the more unusual the better.
4. I enjoy playing spider solitaire.
5. I collect tote bags and coffee cups.
6. I like the sound of gentle rain.
7. I enjoy listening to Native American flute music.
Now since being different is allowed, rather than present the award to just 7 bloggers I’d like to give it to each and every blogger who drops by. You all are very stylist in my book.

I have tried to get by a few blogs this week and I want to share some wonderful news items just in case you might have missed them and because they deserve another shout out.

Two fellow bloggers welcomed the arrival of grandbabies recently and another fellow bloggers welcomed a granddaughter last month. Margot at Confessions of a Mystery Novelist has a beautiful new granddaughter, Lelah Amaya, born March 16. 

Kerrie at Mysteries in Paradise welcomed a handsome grandson, Theodore Sebastien, born on March 13.
Ann at Cozy in Texas welcomed her darling little granddaughter, Perryn, on Feb. 15. 

I’m betting all 3 grandmothers will have those little ones reading as soon as possible.

Carolina at Carolina Valdez Miller just signed with an agent. Congratulations and YEAH!!! She’s also hosting a mega giveaway to celebrate.

Paul at quoteflections just recently self-published 365 QUOTE
QUEST, REFLECTING ON VITAL QUOTATIONS. This is a compilation of his first 365 posts from 2010 where he offers a daily quotation and three questions for reflection. Congratulation Paul, way to go.

A couple of reminders:
* Today is the last day to participate in Margot’s raffle to help the victims of the earthquake in Christchurch.
* Time is drawing near to sign up for Lee’s A to Z Blogging Challenge. So far more than 525 bloggers have signed up. Will you be next?

That’s my wrap up for today. I know there are a lot of other wonderful news items out there that I’ve missed. You’re more than welcome to list the items in the comment section with a link back to the post if you’d like. Now, does anyone have a way to slow the days down so can I have time to visit all of your wonderful blogs? Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday and enjoy some reading time.


14 comments:

  1. Hi Mason .. congratulations on your award from Helen .. your hair is that long?! Amazing! Love your shares .. gosh life is just busy isn't it!

    Cheers have a lovely week .. and here's to A - Z .. and then we will not know what busy is! Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooo enjoyed learning more about you but I am completely AMAZED at the length of your hair! OMG, are you KIDDING????? That is soooo cool!

    You love flying, I hate it.
    I also love the sound of the rain.

    Congratulations on your most deserved award!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think when the seasons change, this feeling of time going so fast increases. I know I've been thinking about it lately. There just aren't enough hours in the day! And wow, you have really long hair!!! There goes an hour a day just washing and combing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're kicking you-know-what with the Challenge! And yes, time speeds up as we grow older. That sucks. I want back all that time I wasted as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mason - I love hearing about your hair - WOW!
    And yes time is fugiting far too quickly for moi. And I find I waste too much of it and I want to stop doing that! but it is fun...
    Congrats on the award and thanks for the grandma round up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the award! Wow, you have long hair.

    I'm like you, time seems to go by so fast. I wish it would slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, wasn't it just Christmas??

    Congrats on your Award, you're stylin' here today. I love the sound of your tote bag and coffee collection. I'll bet it's got a lot of charm. Happy Saturday to you ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mason - Congratulations on your very, very well-deserved award! Woot woot! And thank you so much for the shout-out about Lelah :-). I am loving being a grandma. Thanks very much also for reminding everyone about Do The Write Thing. I really appreciate how supportive you've been!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, Masy, you really have a long hair :) You should show us your pic one of these days, I hate when the bloggers are so mysterious and never show us their faces :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mason, congrats on the award.

    Wow at how long your hair is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the award!

    Wow. You have really long hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blink, and you miss it!

    I am sure that for every child I had, time began to pass twice as fast - and I can imagine grandchildren may have the same effect :D

    I like your blog very much so I´ll be here even if you don´t get around so much for some time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the award, Mason - well deserved!

    And I thought I had long hair. Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Getting here late - no blogging time over the weekend. Congrats on the award and - is there an echo? - Wow! on the hair. I keep mine short so I don't have to bother with it.

    And I'm addicted to Spider Solitaire. So much so that I gave it up for Lent and it's killing me.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.