Monday, October 4, 2010

Sending Kate Hugs and Prayers

Today’s post was to be by author Kate Collins with her 10th installment in the Flower Shop Mysteries series, DIRTY ROTTEN TENDRILS, being released this week.

We scheduled her post months ago shortly after the release of the 9th installment in the series. She was excited to have another book coming out this year. However, as most of you have probably already learned, Kate suffered a devastating loss last Wednesday, Sept. 29, with the death of her husband, Jim. It’s my understanding that his passing was sudden and that he suffered a heart attack.

In her writings, Kate always said her husband was her soul mate and biggest fan who supported her writing. I can only image that the release of her latest book is somewhat bittersweet for her.

I’ve just started reading the delightful DIRTY ROTTEN TENDRILS and knew I couldn’t do it justice if I tried to review it today. I have received several awards from some wonderful bloggers. But today’s post didn’t seem the place to talk about those or pass them on to others. I hope those who passed them onto me will understand as I will do this soon.

Today I just wanted to acknowledge Kate, what’s she going through,
and help get the word out that her book is being released this week. The coming days, weeks and months will be difficult for her and her family. Life will never get back ‘to normal’ for her, but life will go on with adjustments and change. One day a different type of ‘normal’ life will take its place.

This is also a bit of a reminder for each of us just how precious life is and the time we have. Enjoy each day to its fullest and let the ones you love know it.

Keep Kate and her family in your thoughts and prayers. Jennifer at Cozy Chicks is collecting cards and comments from those wishing to let Kate know they’re thinking of her. In addition, Leann at Cozy Chicks has some ways those wanting to do something can honor Jim’s memory.

That’s it for now. Tell that special someone you love them, give your kids an extra hug, call that friend that you’ve been meaning to talk to.

Kate, sending you love, hugs and prayers. Take care.


24 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to her and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is terrible, isn't it? I have decided to read cozies only in the proper order, but I may make an exception with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, my thoughts and prayers are also sent out for you and your family. Devastating loss. I know it was hard for all of us when we lost my dad unexpectedly. Mom was...lost for a year, lots of ups and downs. I'm SO sorry Kate.

    Mason, I make it a point to tell my guys I love them every day. You, simply never know what the day will bring. Losing 3 brothers (all 41 and under) and a father in a space of 10 years taught some heart wrenching lessons about loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mason, thanks for your words today regarding Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "...a bit of a reminder for each of us just how precious life is and the time we have. Enjoy each day to its fullest and let the ones you love know it."

    You said it perfect. Heart and prayers going out for Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mason... thanks for a very thoughtful post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From all of us at the Cozy Chicks, thank you for such a sweet, heartfelt post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So terrible. Prayers for Kate and her family. It's so important to enjoy our family and tell them how much they mean to us.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers going out for Kate.

    What a kind gesture to make, Mason.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mason - You're very kind to do this for Kate. My heart goes out to her and her family, as do my wishes for healing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was a very kind and loving tribute, Mason. My thoughts and prayers go out to Kate and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a terrible time for Kate and her family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a very sad time for Kate. I'm sorry to read this and send her and her family my condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hugs to Kate from me, too. It was such a shock to hear the news. And Mason, thanks for the reminder to live each day to the fullest with lots of hugs for our loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My heart goes out to Kate and her family. Losing a loved one is always difficult, but a sudden loss like this is so devastating.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will add Kate and her family to my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so sad--i am sending Kate my condolences. I'm sure she will be off kilter for a while, so I am sending peaceful thoughts and healing karma.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi all and thanks so much for dropping by. Y'all are just the best. I am always touched at how caring bloggers are. Thanks for all the hugs, prayers and healing wishes for Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Mason and in particular Kate -

    with lots of thoughts and love - to Kate and her family ..

    With love - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a terrible loss for her and her family. My thoughts are with them too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My condolences to Kate and her family. This is another sad reminder not to take life for granted. It's so important to make the most of each day and to always let our loved ones know they are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sorry to hear about Kate's loss. Sending positive thoughts her way.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.