Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Wild Irish Sea by Loucinda McGary

A dark and stormy night finds Amber O’Neill banging on the door of Kevin Hennessy’s cabin before she collapses from exhaustion.

Thus begins the adventure of an American woman and a sexy Irishman. It is a tale of magical intrigue that leads them to encounter the legend of a Selkie Prince. You’ll soon believe in all that this romantic suspense has to offer.

Amber is in search of her brother, Parker. She knows he’s in terrible danger in Ireland because a ‘horrific mental scream from him had awaken her.’ She was half way around the world from him at the time. But they’re twins and share a “special” connection.

Amber has come to Kevin’s in hopes he will help her find Parker. She was told he was a policeman and she could use his expertise.

Kevin, however, has suffered from a tragic loss in his past and wants nothing to do with Amber or her problems.

Sparks between Amber and Kevin begin to sizzle immediately despite the dire circumstances. Before long Kevin can’t resist his feelings for Amber and agrees to help find Parker.

Author Loucinda McGary draws the reader into the enchanted world of Ireland. She takes readers on a captivated ride of mystery, subterfuge, and suspense sprinkled with a dose of romance and magical lore.

The reader is transported to Malin Head through the author’s vivid descriptions and flowing dialect. You are there as Amber and Kevin fight their increasing attraction to each other while they also battle smugglers in hopes of saving Parker’s life and much more.

From beginning to end you’ll be swept away by THE WILD IRISH SEA.

The Wild Irish Sea by Loucinda McGary, Sourcebooks Casablanca, @2010, ISBN: 978-1-4022-2671-7, Paperback, 320 pages


FTC Full Disclosure - This book was sent to me by the publisher in hopes I would review it. However, receiving the complimentary copy did not influence my review.

12 comments:

  1. I've never tried romantic suspense, but this looks like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mason - Thanks for this review. I always thoroughly enjoy books with a strong sense of place, and this certainly seems like one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this review. I also love flowing dialect. I have never read (I don't think) romantic mystery. I need too.

    Thanks Mason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review! I need to be swept away right now, so maybe I'll give this one a go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the author really places you in Ireland. That alone would draw me in. Thanks. (Who wouldn't want to be swept away!)

    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  6. The setting sounds really intriguing, and I'm always taken with stories of that strong twin connection. There's something so intriguing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swept ME away with this review ... I'll have to put it on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy moly, I need to get to Ireland! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always wanted to visit Ireland. :-)

    - Corra

    The Victorian Heroine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mason .. sounds an interesting read from the plot point of view - while for me reading about Ireland would be interesting .. I've been a couple of times - but it'd be great to "go back" in a novel and find out more about the country, its peoples, legends and myths ..

    Loucinda's name .. should remind me when I see the book in due course ..

    Thanks for this tempter .. Hilary

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.