Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Guest Blogger, P.Q. Glisson

Please join me in welcoming author P.Q. Glisson as the special guest blogger here today at Thoughts in Progress.

I was thrilled to find out P.Q. is another Georgia author. Her latest release is HER SANCTUARY. She stop by today to answer some questions about her book and her writing.

Could you give us a brief synopsis about your latest book?
 
Sure. It’s a story about a woman who has escaped a ten year loveless and abusive marriage. She’s purchased an RV and for the last three years has been exploring America, doing all the things she was never permitted to do before. She stops off in the town of Sanctuary, not knowing that her life is about to drastically change when she meets Seth Proudfoot, loner and outcast. The chemistry between them cannot be denied but declaring their love for one another is just the beginning. There are forces at work that will test their new found love and an old secret, that when revealed, may cost them their lives.
 
What inspired you to write it?
 
I was brainstorming with my daughter on ideas for her writing. She is a writer though unpublished as of yet. I came up with this idea and we were to work on it together, but, she had some personal issues and was unable to collaborate on it with me so I thought to myself, “Hey, maybe I can do this. I don’t have a job anymore and I’m not able to find inspiration to paint right now so….why not?”
 
Do you have a schedule or method you use when writing?
 
I do not have the discipline for a set schedule. I write when I’m inspired; whether it’s in the middle of the day or late in the evening.

I know I should probably be more disciplined but I just can’t seem to make myself do it. I want writing to be fun, not a chore. If it’s like a job, I would expect a paycheck every week. Lol
 
What type of research did you do to prepare for the book?
 
Not very much, to tell the truth. I did Google Arizona and the geographical layout to make sure there were forests. There is a scene in my book that mentions mountains and forests. Thank the Lord there are forests in Arizona. Oh, I also checked on any towns in Arizona called Sanctuary. I got nothing but a golf course.
 
What's next for you and your writing?
 
I am currently working on two more novels and I have outlines for four more afterward. I don’t plan on “Her Sanctuary” being my one and only published book. I plan on doing this for a very long time.
 
Where can readers find out more about you and your writing?
 
I am a member of goodreads.com. I accept all friendship requests as long as you’re not a spammer. I have a blogspot: http://hersanctuarybypqglisson.blogspot.com and I have a fan page on Facebook. You can always email me at: pqg959@gmail.com
 
Any thing we didn't cover you'd like the readers to know about your and your work?
 
I just wanted to let you know that I’ve had a couple of write ups in local newspaper and magazines but I’ve got a huge one coming up in the largest newspaper in South East Georgia, Savannah Morning News. It will be in the Accent Section of the Sunday paper on July 18th. I’ll post the link when it comes out for anyone who wants to read it. I’m sooo excited. This could seriously put my book “on the map”. Also, I just want to thank all my friends and fans for purchasing my book and telling their friends about it. No matter how much effort I put into promoting it, none of this would be happening without your help. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

P.Q., thanks so much for guest blogging. It’s always interesting to learn how a story comes about.

For a little background on P.Q., she was born in Savannah, Georgia and raised in Garden City, which is a little sub-city of Savannah. She met her husband of 29 years on a blind date. She said he had the cutest blond curls! In December of 1987 P.Q. gave birth to a beautiful blue eyed baby girl who is the light of her life. P.Q. sums it up this way, “We've had our ups and downs but all in all it's been one helluva ride....and it's not over yet!”



19 comments:

  1. Great interview, Mason. I've only been in Georgia six months, but I can't believe how many Georgia writers I've run into both virtually and in person. It's astounding! I would love to know if PQ is considering a series about Shannon exploring the country in an RV, or if this book is a stand alone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. It is great to here how Glisson's writing happens and it is intersting that she doesn't have a set schedule. Thanks so much for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was interesting, thanks. I love reading how authors get going with a wip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mason - Thanks for hosting P.Q.

    P.Q. - Thanks for sharing the way you go about your writing. I always enjoy learning how other authors make it happen : ).

    ReplyDelete
  5. VR, I'm constantly amazed at the Georgia authors too. I'm not sure about the series but I'll be glad to check on it.

    Cassandra, I'm always surprised at the various methods writers use. Glad you're home safe and sound from your trip.

    Glynis, I'm in awe how authors can take a little snip of something and turn it into a story.

    Margot, thanks for dropping by.

    LadyFi, thanks for stopping by. Have fun on your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I'm originally from Georgia, I love hearing about Georgian authors. And I like the premise for this book. What genre is it? I could see it being a Romance or a Mystery, based on what you've said about it here.

    Hope the Savannah Morning News is the one that launches you!

    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mason and P.Q. How wonderful to brainstorm with your daughter, and I wonder if the future holds a mother-daughter collaboration in a future book ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview. It was nice to meet an new author and you as well. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice interview! :)

    Sounds like a good book - intriguing characters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Her Sanctuary sounds fantastic and had I not visited this blog I would have never known. What a way to move on and learn more about yourself and then meet the man of your dreams! I love a good romance!

    Awesome interview! Checking our her blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for hosting her, Mason. This story sounds fascinating. And I love Sanctuary both for a title and the name of a town. Sounds perfect for the Southwest, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds interesting--like a book I would enjoy reading.

    The loveless marriage resonates, and I like sudden loves and secrets.

    Thanks for the blog, Mason.

    I've been away and incommunicado, just got home--it will take me a long time to get caught up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting how she ran with that idea on her own.

    ReplyDelete
  14. VR, I contact P.Q. about your question and this was her answer: "I've been mulling that around inside my head. I guess I could leap into the future and pick up when Miya is grown up and have her fall in love. I even have a a plot lined up, just haven't put it on paper yet."

    Helen, I think it would fall into both genres.

    Joanne, thanks for stopping by.

    Lydia, enjoy your blog and thanks for dropping by here too.

    Jemi, very intriguing characters.

    Jen, you made my day. Introducing visitors to new authors is one reason I enjoy have authors guest blog.

    Carol, wouldn't it be neat to live in a town named Sanctuary?

    Mary, glad you're home safe and sound.

    Alex, you just never know where the original idea is coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great interview, PQ and Mason! Love the cover - very striking. And I like the thought of a woman touring around in an RV!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a pleasure to *meet* you, PQ! I love your statement about having (or not) a schedule. You are absolutely right! Writing should be fun, otherwise you'd have (as I've come to call them) "just a job." Those come with weekly paychecks! LOL. We may not be getting those, but at least we're doing something we love!

    Great interview! Thanks Mason for having PQ here today!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've gotta quit reading reviews and interviews. My TBR list is impossible!

    Thanks, though...how else am I going to find books I'll fall in love with?

    ReplyDelete
  18. The author sounds great! I love Savannah - my baby boy was born in 1987 too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.