Has the realization of a mistake ever come to you in the middle of the night or at the strangest place at the strangest time?
If that mistake is a serious one, that can be heartrending. If the mistake is simply a silly one, then you laugh at yourself and go, “Dah.”
Well, I had one of those “dah” moments in the wee hours of Saturday concerning my Friday post. I had ask for help naming a crab when in fact it’s a crawfish. I have no idea why I said crab, just one of those things I guess. Anyway, I got some great names from your comments and the crawfish (pictured above) even helped select his own name.
I’m not sure if it’s a male or female, but I’m going with male for now. How did he help select his name you’re asking. We put a smaller crawfish with him and within three hours he had killed it and bite or cut off one of it’s claws. So, say hello to Hannibal Deville.
Now I’ve got to play catch-up and list some book giveaway winners.
* Joan T. of Hackensack, NJ, won a copy of Terrie Farley Moran’s Crimes By Moonlight.
* Sheila Deeth and baileythebookworm won copies of Lydia Dare’s A Certain Wolfish Charm.
* L. Diane of Spunk On A Stick and Rebecca C. won copies of Libby Malin’s My Own Personal Soap Opera.
* Winning copies of The Art of Choosing by Sheena Iyengar are: Benita G. of New York, Wendi P. of California, and Christy H. of Utah.
* Winning copies of Dee Davis’ Dark Deception are: Donna S. of MO, Jayne D. of OR, Christine H. of MO, Dawn M. of OK, and Sue Y. of MO.
* Winning copies of Iron Man 2 by Alexander Irvine are: Gale M. of TX, Darcie K. of MI, Jonnie H. of Canada, Sue M. of Co, and Eleanor H. of PA.
* Winning copies of Jennifer Haymore’s A Touch of Scandal are: Elaine G. of Canada, Shoshana A. of TX, Armenia F. of TX, Venus D. of HI, and Mindie W. of ID.
* Winning copies of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith are: Anne-Marie T. of Canada, Kathleen R. of NY, and Marc K. of MD.
* Winning copies of Scott Turow’s Presumed Innocent are: Carol M. of PA, Marjorie R. of Canada, and Johannah B. of VA.
Congratulations to all of these winners and a special thanks to everyone who entered the contest and/or commented on the guest post. I have some new giveaways coming in a few weeks.
The list of authors guest blogging here in the coming days includes:
D.C. Corso, author of Skin and Bones, Tuesday, April 20
Alan Orloff, author of Diamonds for the Dead, Wednesday, April 21
Andy Parker, author of Prophecy of Power, Thursday, April 22
Rosemary Harris, author of Dead Head, Saturday, April 24
Josi S. Kilpack, author of Lemon Tart, Tuesday, April 27
U.L. Harper, author of Flesh Statue, Thursday, April 29
Karen Walker, author of Following the Whispers, Friday, April 30.
I’d like to say thanks for everyone who stops by and has a second to comment. I realize life does have a way of interfering with blogging. My days are getting crazier and with less time to call my own.
Hope you’re having a great start for your week. I’ll leave you with this to ponder: If you could spend the entire day doing whatever you wanted to, what would it be?